WA logo
Call Toll-Free

Additional services for Persons with Developmental Disabilities

Alternative Living (AL) Services

Alternative Living (AL) Services are instructional services provided through DSHS’ Developmental Disability Administration by an individual contractor to DDA-eligible individuals.

The focus is on training to help the individual with a developmental disability to live as independently as possible and to maintain as much self-determination, personal power and choice in order to meet his or her own independent living needs.

Individuals may receive training in the following areas:

  • Community Living
  • Establishing a Residence
  • Health and Safety
  • Home Living
  • Protection and Advocacy
  • Social Activities
Learn more about DDA eligibility…

Supported Living Services

Supported Living services are available to some individuals receiving services through DSHS’ Developmental Disability Administration (DDA). This program offers instruction and support to eligible persons who live in their own homes in the community. Services may vary from a few hours per month up to 24 hours per day of one-to-one support. Clients pay for their own rent, food, and other personal expenses. DDA contracts with private agencies to provide Supported Living services.

How can I find out more?

To learn more about who provides Supported Living Services in your area, please check out the resources below:

Connect with Your Local CLC.

Washington’s Community Living Connections staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Connect now

Long-term services
In your home
Support for Family Caregivers
In your community
In other Settings
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
More options
Search by keyword
Search by need
Assess your needs
Quick Links
About Community Living Connections (CLC)
CLC Resource Directory Information
Why plan
First steps
Funding your care
Legal Assistance
Independent housing
Healthy living
Call Toll-Free 855-567-0252
by RTZ Systems