Resources for Caregivers
Below is a list of resource links for persons providing care to a family member or friend:
- Caregiver Resources: This list of resources, primarily for unpaid family caregivers, is provided by the DSHS - Aging & Long Term Support Administration.
- Kinship Care: For grandparents and relatives caring for children, this list of resources is provided by the DSHS - Aging & Long Term Support Administration.
- Lifespan Respite Washington: a coalition of organizations that serve individuals across the lifespan who have a variety of circumstances, chronic conditions and support needs; and whose caregivers need access to caregiver-centered respite services. The coalition exchanges ideas, educates others and work to fill gaps in community-based respite options.
- Family Caregiver Alliance - National Center on Caregiving: supports caregivers and families across the country with education, services, research information, and advocacy.
- Caregiving Resource Center, sponsored by AARP: Information, tools and tips for caregivers.
- National Family Caregiver Support Program: Information on the national program authorized by the Older Americans Act, Title III E.
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Caregiver Center: Get tools for day-to-day care, support and planning for the future, including the Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Notebook, designed to be a tool throughout your journey.
For more information on options available to support caregivers in their role, click here.
Washington’s Community Living Connections staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.